Friday, January 1, 2010

January again...

It's not really time for my weekly submission, but I figured I'd make a tiny post anyway. Besides, that weekly submission thing is just minimum we've set to make sure the blog doesn't go stagnant again.


Another decade has come to an end, the second of my life. I remember how it began, everyone was scared of the Y2K bug and the word "millennium" was on everyone's tongue. None of us could have predicted that this is where the world would be after the passing of ten years. And none of us could have imagined that this is where our beloved land would be. Saying that the state of affairs is dire these days actually sounds like good news. If I were to list all the problems we face today I would no doubt end up making another long post (thereby breaking Sara Q's record again).


We all know of the recent incident in Karachi in which a Ranger, among many others, lost his life. On all the TV channels there is talk of how he bravely gave his life trying to stop the attacker. Watching this, I can't help but wonder, why is it that men like these today end up dying? Men who have the capability and the courage to lead our nation and guide our country to better days. Why is it that incompetent men who don't have an ounce of bravery in them end up being the leaders of our country?


Is it the public that is stupid for electing them? Or are they just that good at being con artists?


If Pakistan had been in the hands of a sincere and capable leader for the past ten years, where would we have been right now? What would I have written here instead?


Happy New Year,
Talha A. B.

2 comments:

  1. its our fault. we keep on electing the same lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. no actually this was a different lot...PPP might not be that bad its just our president. He murdered his wife and took the glory for himself. That is actually the worst that can happen to this country, being run by a looter such as him.
    I remember when he became president my mom said that if God has picked him for such a job it must be His plan, so far no plan has come through :P

    its like ALL the lots are the same lot.

    ReplyDelete